TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The Ghost Bus Tours are not suitable for young children.
- Children aged 15 and under must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Only one child under 5 years old per adult may travel for free provided they do not occupy a seat to the exclusion of a fare paying passenger.
- The ticket is valid for use on the Ghost Bus Tours only for the time and date stated on the ticket.
- The bus cannot wait for latecomers, refunds will not be given although a transfer to another tour may be arranged subject to availability. Customers are advised to arrive 15 minutes before their scheduled tour date. There are no allocated seating, boarding is first come first serve basis.
- The ticket remains the property of the company and must be made available for inspection by the conductor or driver on demand.
- Tickets are non refundable and non transferrable. (including private hires and special events)
- We reserve the right to cancel or suspend services as deemed necessary and without issuing advanced notice. In the event of a tour cancellation a full refund for tickets purchased, or transfer to an alternative tour is available.
- If the tour is stopped for some reason after the first half hour, we can offer you a place on another tour, free of charge, subject to availability.
- Conditions of carriage are subject to the provisions made by the Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981; full details are available from our office.
- The Ghost Bus Tours take no responsibility for items left on the bus, personal items are carried at the owners risk and The Ghost Bus can take no responsibility for items damaged or lost.
- Smoking, eating and drinks other than bottled water are not permitted on the bus.
- Please be aware that due to the nature of city traffic and road closures it may not always be possible to see every landmark advertised on the route. We will always try our best to warn customers if this is the case but it may not always be possible.
- Ghost Bus Tours reserves the right to refuse entry to intoxicated persons, and will not tolerate in any way abusive or threatening behaviour to staff. In such instances tickets will not be refunded.
- The Ghost Bus Tours asks that passengers are mindful of others during the tour, and anyone behaving in a disruptive manner will be asked to disembark.
- Wedding hire. If hiring the bus for wedding transport customers must take out their own wedding transport insurance as the Ghost Bus Tours cannot accept liability for alternative transport provision in the event of serious mechanical or technical failure of the bus.
- Please be aware that we operate on historic vehicles and as such whilst we try our upmost to maintain the buses to the highest standards on occasion the buses may encounter mechanical problems. In the event of a breakdown we will attempt to fix the problem or deploy a secondary vehicle within 90 minutes of the problem occurring. Only after 90 minutes has passed will refunds be guaranteed.
- No pets are permitted on the vehicle with the exception of service animals.
It is not the policy of the Ghost Bus Tours Ltd to discriminate in any way against employees or passengers regarding disability, gender, race, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. The buses owned by the company are 1960s Routemasters. They consist of a drivers’ cab, a lower saloon and an upper saloon and are staffed by one conductor per bus. The bus holds 54 or 64 passengers, respectively, and absolutely no standing passengers. The Ghost Bus Tours Ltd regrets that the bus is not wheelchair accessible. The Ghost Bus tours can reserve seating in advance for the lower saloon for those with mobility concerns. We aim to make our booking process as accessible as possible by providing internet, phone and fax booking facilities. A large print version of our terms and conditions and booking information can be downloaded from this website. Please note:
- The bus does not stop on route; the journey time is approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes. (Occasionally excluding York and Edinburgh)
- There are no toilet or water facilities on the bus, but passengers may bring their own non alcoholic bottled drinks aboard.
The Ghost Bus Tours Ltd actively seek ways to include as many people as possible, and has a long term commitment to developing tours which can cater for diverse audiences within the physical confines of the bus, whilst adhering to DDA guidelines.
The Ghost Bus Tours will not share any customer information with third parties, and retains financial information only for the duration of the transaction. If you have subscribed to the Ghost Bus Tours mailing list you can unsubscribe at any time and your details will be removed from the system. The Ghost Bus Tours are responsible for all online transactions; the website is owned and managed by Ghost Bus Tours Ltd.