Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, group bookings can be made for 12 – 64 people.
Please contact us for the best rates.
It is advisable to book in advance as tours operate subject to demand and we cannot guarantee seats to be available on the door.
Yes, we get off the bus sometimes (depending on the weather and time)
London – for a short walk to a graveyard for about 7 to 10 minutes
Edinburgh- for a short walk to a graveyard for about 15 to 20 minutes
York for a short walk at ‘Shambles’ for about 10 to 15 minutes
- The tour lasts for an hour and fifteen minutes, nonstop.
- Please note there are no toilet facilities on the bus.
Due to the design of the classic Routemaster bus, unfortunately it has not been possible to make the entrance wheelchair accessible or to provide sufficient storage space on-board for wheelchairs (even when folded)
No alcohol is permitted on the bus, or is to be consumed on the bus unless the bus is being hired exclusively by a private party (over 18’s only) by prior arrangement with the management.
- Not suitable for young children aged 1 to 5 but can be allowed on board at parents’ risk.
- Children aged 15 and under must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Only one child under 5 years old per adult may travel for free provided they do not occupy a seat to the exclusion of a fare paying passenger.
- Due to the design of the classic Routemaster bus, unfortunately it is not possible to guarantee sufficient storage space on-board for prams or pushchairs (even when folded)
- London –Departing from 8 Northumberland Avenue daily, outside the Grand Hotel, opposite the Sherlock Holmes Pub. Train stations in the immediate vicinity include Embankment tube station (Underground – Bakerloo, Northern, Circle and District lines) and Charing Cross station (South Eastern main line). If you can see Trafalgar Square, you’re in the right area!
- Edinburgh – Departing from Edinburgh Lawnmarket, outside Heritage of Scotland, near the Deacon Brodies Tavern – EH1 2NT.
- York – Departing from Bus Stop RE daily, directly outside York station, on Station Road, on the south side of The Principal York. If you can see The York Tap pub, you’re in the right area!
The Ghost Bus Tour is a comedy-horror tour around the city, showing you all of the dark and gruesome tales that the city has to offer. This is wrapped into a live theatre show with a professional actor, running at approximately 75 minutes; all whilst on a vintage routemaster bus.