Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, group bookings can be made for 12 -62 people.
Please contact us for the best rates.
It is advisable to book in advance as tours operate subject to demand and we cannot guarantee seats to be available on the door.
Yes, we get off the bus sometimes (depending on the weather and time)
London – for a short walk to a graveyard for about 7 to 10 minutes
Edinburgh- for a short walk to a graveyard for about 15 to 20 minutes
York for a short walk at ‘Shambles’ for about 10 to 15 minutes
- The tour lasts for an hour and fifteen minutes, nonstop.
- Please note there are no toilet facilities on the bus.
Due to the design of the Routemaster bus, unfortunately it has not been possible to make the entrance wheelchair accessible.
No alcohol is permitted on the bus, or is to be consumed on the bus unless the bus is being hired exclusively by a private party (over 18’s only) by prior arrangement with the management.
- Not suitable for young children aged 1 to 5 but can be allowed on board at parents’ risk.
- Children aged 15 and under must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Only one child under 5 years old per adult may travel for free provided they do not occupy a seat to the exclusion of a fare paying passenger.
- London –Departing from 8 Northumberland Avenue daily, outside the Grand Hotel, opposite the Sherlock Holmes Pub. Train stations in the immediate vicinity include Embankment tube station (Underground – Bakerloo, Northern, Circle and District lines) and Charing Cross station (South Eastern main line). If you can see Trafalgar Square, you’re in the right area!
- Edinburgh –Departing from Waverley Bridge daily, opposite the Princes Mall exit of Waverley Station, next to Princes St Gardens, in the looming shadow of the Scott Monument.
- York – Departing from Bus Stop RE daily, directly outside York station, on Station Road, on the south side of The Principal York. If you can see The York Tap pub, you’re in the right area!